From the idea to the product with AutoFab
AutoFab supports you when manufacturing metal products with layer melting and sintering processes, making AutoFab the link between the 3D design and the Additive Manufacturing system that covers all necessary steps along the process chain.
A clearly structured and fully workflow-oriented design guides you intuitively through the system during operation. Whether you are the expert or just a newcomer: various user levels support you and help to reduce operating errors.
AutoFab offers sophisticated functions to prepare parts as well as to efficiently set up build jobs. The system assists you during all stages from the verification of imported CAD data to the generation of build-ready slice data. Furthermore, AutoFab aids you in research and development, as it allows access to a large number of different parameters. Set up test series automatically and optimize your processes quickly and efficiently.
We deliver tried and tested solutions to render your data production-ready, always focusing on optimum part quality. Solutions such as the hull-and-core strategy or internal structures based on STL significantly reduce build times, material usage and weight while increasing surface quality. The Tree Support technology was developed specifically for metal processes to ensure both optimal part support as well as fast, easy and residue-free support removal while minimizing production cost.
We are offering AutoFab in dedicated versions for different machine manufacturers. Therefore the product description as below can possibly vary according to those manufacturer specific versions. For more information please contact your machine supplier.
Part preparation with AutoFab
Locate, correct and report quality problems in the 3D models before avoidable additional costs occur through erroneous production.
- Model errors are detected on file import and corrected automatically. Complex errors and defects can be manually repaired later.
- Measuring and annotation functions assist in the systematic analysis of product details and the documentation of problem cases.
- With the visual wall thickness verification, critical part areas can be identified early on.
Processing of model data to achieve optimum production results in terms of material usage, build time, costs, weight and surface quality.
- Reduction in build time, material and weight by using shell models (hull-and-core strategy).
- Weight reduction and optimised stability by incorporating internal lightweight structures.
- Generation of open-porous grid structures for medical applications.
- Adding of material allowances for post-machining.
Prevent distortions by anchoring the part to the platform using optimised support structures specially designed for metal melting and sintering processes.
- Determine the part's optimum position on the base plate with simultaneous estimation of the build time and the overhang area to be supported.
- Overhangs and undercuts are displayed directly on the part and can be systematically supported with flexibly configurable support geometries.
- All supports have an integrated predetermined breaking point enabling a simple, cleaner support removal.
- The new tree supports allow easy and flexible way of placing structures.
- Significantly minimize material usage and building time while retaining stability by using the optional hollow supports
- Fast and easy support removal owing to decreased contact areas on the building platform
- Tree support design considerably facilitates powder removal
- Heat dissipation during the manufacturing reduces inner tension of parts
Build job generation with AutoFab
Quick and easy nesting of parts on the build platform allowing for an optimum utilisation of the machine capacity.
- Integrated machine and material databases with configurable process parameters for part placement and cost calculation.
- Automatic placement based on the real part shape enables a maximum number of parts on the platform.
- A permanent calculation of build time and costs assists you in planning machine capacities and preparing quotes.
- Accurate representation of the build platform to optimize part nesting and eliminate rejects
Optional generation of high-precision slice data. Efficient build strategies for optimum part results are also available.
- Tried and tested build strategies for completely dense metal parts without remaining pore inclusions.
- Optimised surface quality through separate handling and exposure of overhangs.
- Different layer thicknesses for hull and core areas enable a reduction in build time at optimum surface quality.
- Separate build styles as well as different layer thicknesses for part and supports.
Set up test series to verify and optimize production parameters and thus simplify and reduce development processes.
- Large selection of adjustable parameters allows for customized production control
- Straightforward handling because you can create and edit rules for parameters quickly and easily
- Significantly save time and effort by automatically setting up test series
- Thorough documentation of results to allow for traceability and reusability